Top Hospitality Management Education
The meaning of “hospitality” to treat your guests with respect and care for their needs as though they were your friends, professionally this means being the first smiling face a costumer sees. As the restaurant and hotel industries get smaller and smaller, hospitality managers may find themselves responsible for departments and areas they are were not previously experienced in. However, with previous education and work experience you can enroll in a bachelor's degree program in hospitality management or in a specialized hospitality MBA program to expand your range of experience.
Top Hospitality Management Schools
The “Top 25 Hospitality Programs in the Nation” by the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education in 2009.1. Cornell University
2. University of Nevada at Las Vegas
3. Pennsylvania State University
4. Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University
5. Purdue University
Hospitality Management Careers
The three primary hospitality management careers are restaurant management, lodging and spa management and event planning. For more, in-depth information on these careers, including salary ranges, employment outlook, possible education requirements and job descriptions, all from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics and other industry leaders, please visit our online hospitality management schools’ page.
Learn more about accredited hospitality management programs from online schools and colleges through SchoolsGalore.com:
Because there are so many colleges and universities offering hospitality management courses online, consider accredited schools for your online hospitality management education to ensure the quality of your education. There are several agencies that are approved to accredit online schools such as The Distance Education and Training Council which provides a search tool for locating accredited institutions, and the Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration which provides a list of accredited schools.
Sources and further reading:
- Bureau of Labor Statistics
- O*NET Online
- The Distance Education and Training Council (DETC)
- The Accreditation Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration (ACPHA)
- Global Spa & Wellness Summit’s list of spa and wellness associations
- The American Hotel & Lodging Educational Institute’s list of professional certifications
- The Convention Industry Council’s requirements for certification as a meeting professional
- Society of Government Meeting Professionals offer the CGMP certification
- Silvia Oppenheim’s Le Concierge SF
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Education